Accidents Happen—Let Us Help
Eye injuries or trauma to the eye area can be stressful and frightening. Your eyesight is precious, and anything that might put it at risk needs to be dealt with immediately.
When an accident occurs, call our office right away. We will assess your situation and recommend the next steps.
If our office is closed, you should proceed to your nearest hospital.
Please visit your nearest emergency department.Book Appointment
Symptoms That Might Mean an Eye Emergency
While most eye emergencies involve noticeable symptoms or trauma, other eye emergencies are not as obvious. Any sudden changes to your vision should be considered an eye care emergency.
Sudden onset of any of the following symptoms may also be indicative of an emergency:
- Burning or stinging
- Pupils that differ in size
- Bulging eyes
- Severe eye pain
- Double vision
- Redness or severe itching
- Bruising or bleeding
- Sudden headache
- Discharge from the eye
- Eyes not moving together
Call our offices immediately should you experience any of these issues.
Eye Emergency Do’s & Don’ts
Eye emergencies can happen anywhere, whether you're at work, home, athletic events, or just hanging out. But you can make a difference by acting quickly and appropriately. Following first aid steps and contacting emergency care right away can lead to a positive outcome.
If you or a loved one experience an eye emergency, here are some do’s and don’ts to guide you:
- Do flush your eye with cold water in the event of chemical contact.
- Do clean your hands before touching your eye.
- Do lightly cover the eye without applying pressure.
- Do seek immediate medical attention.
- Don’t use tools anywhere near the eye area.
- Don’t rub the eye or apply pressure of any kind.
- Don’t try to remove any large foreign objects.
- Don’t apply any medications, drops, or ointments.
- Don’t remove contact lenses (except in the case of a chemical splash).
Visit Our Location
We are hard to miss! You will notice our distinctive sign driving down Lansdowne Street West—and we have plenty of free parking available in the plaza. Please note our practice is closed every day from 12 PM–1 PM.
- 550 Lansdowne Street West, Heritage Plaza, Unit 1
- Peterborough, ON K9J 8J8
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: By Appointment Only
- Sunday: Closed